Proudly Geekly

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Life is Rigged

Just two days ago everything seemed to be aligned perfectly. After seven months of seeking employment I would finally once again have a steady job, better than any I had before. But just yesterday, everything changed. Apparently despite the fact that I was very good at my job the company suddenly didn't have the need any more. So now I'm $83 richer but frustrated as I try to figure out what I want to do next with my life.

I think maybe for me "working my way up" in a company isn't the correct path. There seems to be some social skills that I lack that everyone else understand innately. But I don't think I did anything wrong socially on Monday. They were all very impressed with how quickly I figured things out and it seemed like it'd be a good job that would lead somewhere.

But other than a nice catered lunch and losing a couple games of Ping-Pong, nothing has materialized. I think I'm done with this traditional path as a "jobseeker". I have so much talent and ambition and I'm willing to risk my savings to do something much bigger than what I could with someone else in charge.

I want the world to be with me on this. This is the same basic idea I've tossed around on the blog for the past two years, but I think it's time to make some genuinely educational games that are more than simple rehashes of board games or rip offs of superior products.

Life may be rigged, but I'm ready to risk it all. Join me and we will make this world a better place. I promise burgers and love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home