Proudly Geekly

Thursday, October 08, 2015

I'll never be "normal".

I always wanted to be "normal" growing up. Somehow I thought that normality would lead to happiness and that it would be a simple process. But I've come to accept after all these years that it's neither something I want nor something that I can attain. I'm always going to stand out from the crowd. I'm stuck somewhere between boy and man and I don't know if I ever want to make that decision.


I have a good education, lots of marketable skills yet at the same time I still am rather naive and love going to the park on the swings like I'm a little child. I am happy with the decisions I've made and while I may not be able to "rise up the ranks" in a traditional job like I thought I would after getting my Master's degree, I know I will have a great and positive impact on this world around me.

Someday I want a wife and kids and the house with the cats and the dogs. But I'm not ready for that yet. I want to free myself and achieve my dreams  And I know I can. Normal is an illusion and I am ready to shatter it. We will rise and unite. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home